"If you speak the truth, have a foot in the stirrup." ~ Turkish proverb
Tribesmen on the Asian steppes first domesticated the horse for transportation and warfare. These tribesmen used their superior mobility and speed to overwhelm the proto-civilizations just rising in southeast Europe and the Middle East. In approximately 2000 B.C., domestic horses were introduced into Babylonia. Within the next several centuries, horses had spread throughout much of Europe and northern Africa. It was not long before nearly every civilization had put horses to work as field animals and as a means of transportation. Horses also went on to play an important role in the military conflicts of nearly every civilization in the world, both as mounts for horsemen and cavalry , and as draft animals for pulling war chariots and heavy weapons into battle.
 General Information
- Each level of Horseback Riding enhances moving speed of cavalry and mechanics by 5%
- Quest: Scientific Research:
- Horseback Riding Lv.1 Award: Gold 8,000
|Level||Requirements|| Increase in|
|1*||Level 1||1,000||6,000||33m 20s||5%|
|2||Level 2||2,000||12,000||1h 6m 40s||10%|
|3||Level 3||4,000||24,000||2h 13m 20s||15%|
|4||Level 4||8,000||48,000||4h 26m 40s||20%|
|5**||Level 5||16,000||96,000||8h 53m 20s||25%|
|6||Level 6||32,000||192,000||17h 46m 40s||30%|
|7||Level 7||64,000||384,000||35h 33m 20s||35%|
|8||Level 8||128,000||768,000||71h 6m 40s||40%|
|9||Level 9||256,000||1,536,000||142h 13m 20s||45%|
|10||Level 10||512,000||3,072,000||284h 26m 40s||50%|
- If you upgrade HBR above the level of your archery, all of your troops will die. However when your archery is upgraded to level 10 then it does not matter what your HBR is.
- The NPC entry in this wiki suggests HBR 9 with Archery 10 will lead to losses, which conflicts directly with the above statement. Whether that is server-specific or outdated advice, always be cautious on new servers what Evony will require to safely farm level 5 NPCs. So far, they have not yet made a combination of HBR 10 with Archery 10 a failing combination for NPC 5s on any server, but for heroes with less than 20 Attack attribute, losses of ballistae have been seen with as many as 585 ballistae being used on a level 5 NPC and HBR 10 with Archery 10.
| Agriculture • Lumbering • Masonry • Mining • Metal Casting • Informatics • Military Science • Military Tradition • Iron Working|
Logistics • Compass • Horseback Riding • Archery • Stockpile • Medicine • Construction • Engineering • Machinery • Privateering